May be you have hot need to waste money on other car exenses.But many car owners wants to do that.You think to be smart your car you can need to do the amount of on-time maintenance.About this George Sadowski said, With advertising that emphasizes maintenance-free cars, people may have the idea they don't have to take care of them.There are many kinds of campus of Universal Technical Institute, a leading provider of training courses for auto mechanics.
So, here are 10 ways you may be wasting money on your car....
1. Changing oil every 3,000 miles and it's often 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
2. Using premium fuel unnecessarily wh not at recently national averages of $3.78 a gallon for regular and $4.04 for premium, that's a savings of about $4 every time you fill up a 15-gallon tank.
3. Failing to change your air filter and George said "If you have not changed your air filter by about 40,000 miles, it is probably clogged and hurting your gas mileage".
4. Failing to check the brake pads for this Sadowski advises. Replacing the pads should cost less than $150.
5. Buying mileage-boosting additives and devices.
6. Tune-ups for your engine or air conditioning and Calkins said "Modern engines are constantly being tuned by on-board computers".
7. Changing coolant, Mechanics or dealers will say that you need to have the engine coolant flushed out.
8. Ignoring your check-engine light, if ignored too long, could harm the engine."You could wind up with a $1,000 repair job instead of what could have been a $150 job," cautions Calkins.
9. Buying expensive performance tires.
10. Paying for built-in navigation. If you are buying a new car, taking the factory navigation system can cost $2,000 or more.